Friday, August 24, 2012

Linking Personal Behaviour to Business Behaviour

I am often amazed when speaking with business upper management how they don't make the connection between their own behaviours to their business.  I was once trying to get a VIP of a very important, very large business network to see that he was missing out on a huge online market.  After almost a year of avoiding me, he finally relented and gave me 5 minutes to hear my pitch.  During that time he realized that what I was telling him made sense as that is exactly how he behaved online.  Once we were able to make that connection, I am not sure if it is because he was embarrassed but he promptly told me he would have his agency look into it.

I tried my very best to make him feel like he was not the only one who thought that way but I guess that was not sufficient.  I wish I had found another way to engage him to endorse him on how I could have helped him.

No comments: